As a personal trainer (Coach), I work with air personalities, OMs, and PDs at various career levels, beginners and industry veterans; CHR/Top 40, Talk Radio, Urban AC, Country radio, Christian radio, Mainstream urban, News radio, AC radio, Hip-Hop radio, Rock radio, CHR rhythmic, Gospel radio, and Classic rock radio. I work with terrestrial/traditional stations, online/Internet radio, and podcasters.
I have spent my career analyzing various aspects of announcing and programming. Radio is a constant learning process, as a coach I help my clients to stay on top of their game or show some how to get in the game. If you are willing to be open, patient, focused, take direction, and have a thick skin, you are ready for us to work together.
Throughout history the most successful people have been the ones that have envisioned their success and acted upon those dreams and goals. If you believe in yourself and are ready to invest in your career, email or call me and we can begin our work together.
- 35-year veteran
- CHR/Top 40 jock in the legendary Bartel chain. Also jocked in Chicago, San Francisco, Detroit, St. Louis and New Orleans
- 20 years of programming experience. KRNB, Dallas (5 years). Has also programmed KPRS, Kansas City (10 years), WAMO Pittsburgh, WDIA Memphis, WQMG Greensboro and WYLD New Orleans
- Multi-formated career: CHR, Mainstream Urban, Urban AC, Gospel and Country (Music Director for 2 years at WUSN Chicago)
- Nominated for PD of the year 16 times
- Named PD of the year
- Twice named PD of the week for Billboard Magazine.
- His trophy case includes station awards for the NAB Crystal and The Marconi
- Awarded the Sunny Joe White mentoring award
- Former professor in the broadcast department at Columbia College in Chicago for 4 years
- One time national host of the Westwood One’s Superstar of R&B Concert Series
- Former comedy writer for Urban Network, and various nationally syndicated countdown shows
- Numerous times moderated or been a panelist at conventions for Billboard Magazine, The Conclave, the Canadian Music Festival, and the National Association of Broadcasters
- Contributing writer to online magazine blogcritics.org
- Writes a weekly column “Coaches Corner” for “All Access,” the leading industry trade publication for radio and music